Saturday, May 5, 2007

Game 5 Rangers Sabres (I guess I have to discuss it)

FUCK (I'd like to take a moment to let that sink in).. Well, it was 0-0 after 2 periods and about halfway through the third when the Rangers scored a great goal on a 3-2 break. But it was called off due to a goalie interference penalty that simply didn't happen. That's okay, because with 3 minutes to go we finally got on the board with a great wrister by my boy marty straka. It was amazing. Everything was perfect. The Buffalo fans had pretty much turned on the Sabres. Some people started to leave. The place was amazingly silent.

Okay, throughout the whole game I had been talking to Harry online. With just over a minute to go, I tell Harry that I really really need to poop. He gave me some encouraging words to fight through it. I was pacing around the room, just waiting for the fucking thing to end. I couldn't do it though. (No I didn't poop in my pants). But the Rangers iced the puck causing a stoppage of play with 15 seconds left. I figured that we could hang on and I just had to go poo. So I did...

It was a pretty quick and successful trip to the office, and I came back upstairs, walked down the hall towards my room basically giggling to myself with happiness and joy because the Rangers just took a huge 3-2 series lead vs the number one seed.

I come back into my room and the first thing I hear is the crowd going insane. I thought it was at Buffalo tonight, what's going on? Then I hear the announcer say, something like JUST 7.7 SECONDS AWAY FROM WINNING GAME 5, THE RANGERS NOW FIND THEMSELVES BACK WHERE THEY STARTED AS WE GO INTO OVERTIME.

I frantically said to myself, "What did I do?" They had tied it up with 7.7 to go and later they ended up stealing this fucking game in OT. Now the Rangers go back to NY on the verge of elimination in game 6 on sunday. But I am soooo sorry to every Ranger fan whose heart dropped like mine did when the Sabres tied it up. It was my fault. I took the win for granted. Those who know me well know that this is so uncharacteristic of me. Never again will I let an intestinal desire outweigh the heart's desire. I am never pooping during a Ranger game again. So like I said, FUCK. But we got to put it behind us and come out strong in game 6 and 7.

Recap of text messages and IMs regarding the game last night:

Text messages-
Bohm- "1-0 and should be 2"
Freddy- "ouch"
Bohm- "I'm gonna hang myself now"

IMs-
Icekid99 (9:28:09 PM): you dont want a faceoff in ur own zone late
Sinkit510 (9:28:17 PM): i know its silly
Icekid99 (9:28:21 PM): ah ive got to poop
Sinkit510 (9:28:41 PM): bring your laptop into the toilet
Icekid99 (9:28:48 PM): im gonna be strong
Icekid99 (9:29:29 PM): ah I dont have much time here
Icekid99 (9:29:40 PM): im gonna poop right now
Sinkit510 (9:29:49 PM): no be strong
(I go, Buffalo scores)
Sinkit510 (9:31:45 PM): fuck
(I come back)
Icekid99 (9:35:16 PM): ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Icekid99 (9:35:21 PM): im never pooping again
Icekid99 (9:35:51 PM): ahhhhhhhh

Something else that is very noteworthy. In the great spring of 1994, the Rangers were up 1-0 on the Devils in game 7 of the conference finals, when the Devils scored to tie it up at 1 with 7.7 seconds to go. However, as we all know, the outcome of that game was slightly different. This is my favorite call of any announcer in any sporting event ever. And it's also a top 5 favorite sports moment of mine. It is Stephane Matteau in Double Overtime

No comments: