Monday, April 30, 2007

The Day After

Well I've had a day to calm down after the enormous win yesterday. The magnitude of yesterday's victory could turn out to be huge. I remember last season my lacrosse team had a night game in Pelham, in which my team and I had the best game of our lives, and ended up winning 10-9 in sudden death OT under the lights in front of a large part of the school. It is without a doubt a top five moment of my entire sports career, and one of the happiest moments of my life. I'm always going to remember that feeling I had in the bus coming home from the game. It actually carried me for the next several weeks, elevating our play even further. A night like that can carry an athlete, and a whole team really. I hope the Rangers can build off the monumental win yesterday the way Hastings Lacrosse built off ours, which was actually almost exactly one year ago this friday.

The game was also huge for the NHL, because it was a rare broadcast on NBC on a sunday afternoon, with no football or golf overshadowing it. I'm not going to talk much about how great it was for the league, because I found a really great article talking all about that. Here it is:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007/columns/story?columnist=hradek_ej&id=2854033&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1

No comments: