Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday Night Recap

I already posted today, but I feel the need to jot down the sports stories I've come across over the past hour of my life:

  • New York Rangers beat the Atlanta Thrashers 4-2 to complete the first round sweep. This year was the first Rangers playoff win in over 10 years. I don't get the games here in Delaware, so I was watching on this amazing site: http://dewsaw.com/sports/. If you're ever out of town and need to see your team's game, this is the place to go. Anyway, it was just such an unbelievable atmosphere at the Garden. There's pretty much no better feeling for me than seeing the Garden alive like it was tonight. So I'm pretty pumped up right now.
  • Mark Buehrle just finished a no hitter. It's only the 16th ever in White Sox history. I was at David Wells perfect game for my friend Ben Gold's birthday party when we were 9 years old. A foul ball came up to our seats and it went under the seat next to me. I reached my hand through the back of the seat and I literally had my hand on it, but the seat closed on my hand and I had 2 choices: lose an arm or lose a baseball. I know it was a tough decision but I had to let it go. Anyway it just reminded me of that.
  • Vince Young is going to be on the madden cover next year. He was asked in an interview if he is worried about the curse. He doesn't seem to be, as he eloquently explained, "Nah. I'm a big fate guy, I don't worry about no jinx." In case you forgot, here's some of the previous guys who ''weren't worried about no jinx.'' Daunte Culpepper--sprained knee. Marshall Faulk--sprained ankle. Michael Vick--fractured fibula. Ray Lewis--torn hamstring. Donovan Mcnabb--sports hernia. Shaun Alexander--broken foot. So good luck Vince.

No comments: