Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Draft

It's certainly not as crazy as last year 4 days before the NFL draft. It was around this time one year ago that we heard about Houston signing Mario Williams instead of Reggie Bush. How's that working out for you Texans? That was rhetorical, you don't have to answer.

There are plenty of other (much better) places to get your draft analysis than here. So I want to make a list of players that I, and only I, think will become the next big sleepers of the 2007 draft. I'm going to call it my "I told you so" list. So in a couple years we can all look back on this post and I can say I told you so. So hear is the premier edition of the David Bendet "I Told You So" List:

Drew Tate QB Iowa
Kevin Huff QB Tuskegee
Lorenzo Booker RB Florida State
Kenny Irons RB Auburn
Sidney Rice WR South Carolina
Dwayne Bowe WR LSU

Don't ask me why; just have some faith. Anyway, anytime I think about the NFL draft I can't help but laugh about the Jets' draft disasters from pretty much 1980-1999. If you don't believe me, check out this hilarious video.

No comments: